Sales development is a fast-paced environment. Yet, the knowledge the SDR Leaders possess is evergreen.
As we’re getting ready for Sales Development Excellence 2022, our second virtual conference for sales/SDR leaders, let’s take a step back and revisit the insights we collected at last year’s event.
Here’s a quick recap of the event featuring the recordings so you can catch up with the insights and get a taste of what to look forward to at the conference this year.
Cold outreach mistakes and how to avoid them
Let’s kick off the event with the first panel discussion featuring the B2B sales development leaders from PandaDoc, Salesforce, and Loopio as they talk about the most typical cold outreach mistakes and how to avoid them.
First, allow me to introduce the speakers:
- Jed Mahrle, the Outbound team lead at PandaDoc (at the time), managing a team of 14 SDRs (ENT & Commercial).
- Florin Tatulea, the first sales hire at Loopio (at the time), Senior Manager of Sales Development working with an SDR team that’s responsible for more than $50M of pipeline annually. As the founder of Sales Flo, he also facilitates copywriting and sequencing workshops for SDR teams.
- Rachel Keung, Senior Director, Global Public Sector Sales Development at Salesforce. Her team is the front-line inbound sales team that supports marketing’s multichannel demand generation efforts across North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and New Zealand.
The questions covered during the panel discussion include:
- What was your most epic outreach mistake? How did you feel about that?
- Have you ever managed to turn your mistake into a booked meeting or any other positive outcome?
- What are your personal Dos and Don’ts when it comes to cold outreach?
- What makes a good SDR Leader when it comes to overcoming outreach mistakes?
- Let’s say you noticed that one of your SDRs made a mistake. How do you address that mistake and ensure it won’t happen in the future?