Closing refers to the final step in the process of making a sale.
In B2B very few sales will close on their own – a salesperson plays here a vital role, addressing the objections and being convincing about the opportunities to buy.
Some of the popular closing tactics are:
- Assumptive close – the salesperson wraps up the sale intentionally assuming that the prospect has already agreed to make a purchase.
- Now or never close – offering some extra benefits if the prospect agrees to buy now.
- Puppy dog close – giving away a trial to the product before the prospect agrees to buy it.
- Summary close – summing up all the benefits of your offer before you ask for the close.
- Takeaway close - stepping back from the deal if the prospect keeps coming up with objections to spur them into action.