Webinars help you get to know your customers
Webinars offer multiple ways for you to interact with your customers. Whether the webinar’s purpose is lead generation or customer education, it’s the perfect opportunity to provide a personalized experience and engage with your customers.
Why are personalization and engagement important?
Well…let’s look at some stats, shall we?
- 87% of marketers report a measurable lift from their personalization efforts. (Airship)
- 72% of respondents ages 18–34 say they are more likely to be loyal to a brand that replies to them, compared to companies that stay comparatively silent. For respondents aged 45 and up, 47% feel the same way. (Airship)
- 80% of consumers indicated they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers personalized experiences. (Epsilon)
- Consumers who believe personalized experiences are very appealing are 10x more likely to be a brand’s most valuable customer – those expected to make more than 15 transactions in one year. (Epsilon)
- 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for a great customer experience. (SuperOffice)
- 73% of buyers point to customer experience as an important factor in purchasing decisions. (SuperOffice)
- 65% of buyers find a positive experience with a brand to be more influential than great advertising. (SuperOffice)
Personalization, customer engagement, customer experience — it’s all about tailoring your interactions with your customers to give them a better experience. And there’s no better way to personalize a “one-to-many” interaction than with a webinar.
How to get to know your customers through a webinar
Before the webinar
Take the opportunity to get to know your attendees before the webinar begins. Once they have registered, send them a thank you and welcome email. Start the engagement early by asking them questions: ask if they have any questions for you, or what is one thing they’re hoping to learn. Let them know their input is valuable and helps to tailor the webinar to meet their needs.
This is a great time to begin building a relationship, because “triggered email messages have 71% higher open rates and 102% higher click rates than non-triggered emails,” according to The Giant Email Marketing Statistics Guide. That makes the first email after registering for the event the perfect time to engage with your potential customers.
During the Webinar
Engage with your customers during the webinar. Before the webinar begins, ask people to shout out their city, or the company they work for, or one thing they’re hoping to learn during the webinar. When you see comments in the chat, respond to guests by name and personalize the interaction. Treat each attendee as if they are a guest in your office, and you’ll create a positive, personal experience. Remember the stats from above, it’s all about giving customers an individualized experience.
Allow time for a Q&A after the webinar. This could be an incentive for customers viewing live. This time allows you to hear their questions, concerns, and struggles, which is invaluable information for your sales team that will help guide future sales calls.
Each interaction with a potential customer is a learning opportunity. The great thing about hosting a webinar to attract potential customers is that you can learn what struggles or concerns they are having before they buy, and that, my friend, is a goldmine of information.
You can take those problems and provide solutions before potential customers can object or bring them up themselves. It automatically makes you the authority figure, someone to listen to and trust, because you understand their problems and know how to solve them.
Another way to get to know your customers and increase personalization is to poll your audience during the webinar. A good poll question will engage your audience’s participation and help you learn something valuable.
Poll questions provide statistical data that is very helpful in determining where your audience stands on a certain belief or how many of them struggle with a specific issue. Demio is working on a pretty sweet polling option that will allow you to poll your audience during a webinar, then have those poll responses go straight into Reply or your CRM. (Coming Soon!)
That means more actionable data for you without the hassle of manually screenshotting poll results and posting them in some doc, only to sit there forever unused. Poll data will be accessible in your CRM and easily used for future content ideas, or whatever your heart’s desire.