Intent-based prospecting strategy
So, first of all, how does this strategy work?
Imagine this. A sales director was working in Company A, but then they decided to move to Company B, and now, their new role is VP of Sales.
Typically, it means that they will have more responsibilities & bigger budgets. Thus, they will try to implement new tools, new services, and new playbooks in order to drive the growth of the company they recently joined.
This makes it a great opportunity to reach out to these prospects, as they now may need your tool or your services to achieve their new and/or expanding goals.
So, how can we automate this prospecting tactic, relying on just 4 tools: Sales Navigator, Captain Data, Reply, and Email Finder of your choice?
Let’s get started with Sales Navigator — one of the prime B2B intent data providers.
- All we need to do is to open the Leads Search page.
- Then, go to the “Recent updates” filters section.
- And choose the “Changed jobs” option.
- Now, we need to specify their role in this new company, e.g., VP of Sales.
As a result, we will get a list of intent-based leads who have changed jobs in the last 90 days, and their current position is a VP of sales.
If needed, we can proceed with the basic filters we all typically use with Sales Navigator: location, industry, company size, etc. Thus, we can nail down our list based on our ideal customer profile.
Now it’s time to automate our list-building process.
We will use Captain Data for that.
Captain Data is a powerful, no-code data automation platform that is ideal for extracting valuable buyer intent data to make informed sales decisions. With Captain Data, you can take your intent-based targeting to a whole new level by extracting accurate data points on relevant prospects that have shown specific intent signals, in our case — changing jobs.
So here is the process:
- First of all, Go to your Captain Data account.
- Create a new Workflow from a Template called “Find leads with email from Sales Navigator Search.”
- Then, copy the Sales Navigator search URL.
- And paste it to Captain Data.
- Then follow a few more steps and configure this workflow.
- As a final step, we need to Connect your Reply account to Captain Data and map fields accordingly.
- Save and launch the workflow.