Sales Glossary > Sales Manager
Sales manager is the person responsible for overseeing and coaching a sales team.
While specific responsibilities can vary depending on the company structure, a sales operations manager will normally:
- oversee the hiring of the sales team,
- ensure they’re adequately trained,
- set sales goals and assign quotas,
- analyze data,
- prepare and approve budgets,
- plan and allocate sales efforts, etc.
Sales managers are usually assigned to regional or local sales teams.